7 Steps to Hiring a Children’s Entertainer for Your Party:
7 Steps to Hiring the Perfect Childrens Entertainer
for your Party:
The Ultimate Insider’s Guide
Are you thinking about hiring a childrens entertainer for your child’s birthday party but not quite sure how to go about it? Well, no problem, we’ve got you covered!
1.) CONSIDER: What TYPE of party entertainment is best?
First things to think about:
- # of children expected
- age range of the children
- type of party venue + amount of space
For a very small group of kids (10-12 kids or less), a single kids entertainer w/ a combo of activities (ie: face painting & balloons) might be great!
Or maybe you’re having a party for 3 to 5-year-old girls? A Princess character visit might be absolutely perfect.
Or what about a larger party (over 15 kids)? You might want larger-scale entertainment, like a traditional magician.
You might also want to consider 1-2 face painters and/or a balloon artist.
2.) Do a SEARCH for childrens entertainer companies in your area.
- What’s the VIBE that you get from each company’s website? Do the photos of the entertainers and kids show fun, joy and skill/artistry? Also, go to the “About” page, and read about the background and the people behind each company.
- Does the company seem warm, friendly, and professional at the same time? (A good kids’ party entertainment company will have a nice combo of all those qualities.)
- Finally, check out each company’s “client reviews” page.
3.) Narrow it down: CONTACT your top 3-5 companies.
- Contact by email/phone. Ask for availability + pricing.
- Pay close attention to the COMMUNICATION that you receive. Are they friendly, professional and prompt with their emails or on the phone? Is their pricing clear, detailed and structured?
- (The communication responses you get from each company will speak volumes about the quality of their entertainers + the actual company itself.)
4.) Weigh your options & make your CHOICE!
We recommend choosing a company based on:
- The overall vibe that you get (photos, feel of the website, etc.)
- Promptness, friendliness, + professionalism in communication
- Their reviews
**One important thing to consider:
Cheapest is NOT the best when hiring an entertainer. Normally, the cheapest companies will NOT offer a very professional, reliable experience with super high-quality people.
To ensure peace of mind, and a great party experience, always go with high-quality over cheap pricing.
5.) Get a booking confirmation IN WRITING (very important!)
A professional childrens event entertainment company will ALWAYS have a clearly written booking confirmation or contract.
(If you do not receive a written agreement, you should definitely ask for one!)
In this booking confirmation/agreement, you should see:
- Date of party
- Start time + end time for entertainment
- Address of party
- Exact rate structure
- Payment instructions + due dates
- Company policies (cancellations/emergencies, etc.)
A company will usually require a Deposit OR Payment in full to confirm.
6.) Day-of-Party Details
Before the party date, it’s a good idea to ask what the party entertainer needs for set-up and performance.
For example, usually face painters need a table + two chairs, or a Princess or character will need a place to change into costume.
7.) Great job!
You did it! Now, you can relax, enjoy and have some fun at your party!
You can email us at email@example.com or call us: 646-435-4739PICK a PACKAGE!